Thursday, 28 June 2012

T.G.I. Payday and a New Dress!

It's payday (hurrah!) so of course I had to go shopping after work. I only got one thing though - a pretty new dress.


Pretty Floral Dress - £16 from Raiders Vintage



I'm sure I saw this at the Vintage Fair at St George's Hall, but I didn't try it on then. It's a 1970s dress in a 1950s style with a full skirt and I love the sweet little floral pattern. I do love a matching fabric belt too, but they usually end up being worn as hairbands instead.


Close-up of dress

They (as always) had some other lovely stuff, but it was either too small (I very nearly got stuck) or too big (even with a belt) - oh the drawbacks of shopping vintage! There are a few amazing dresses that if money was no object I'd snap up, but at the moment I can't justify that amount for a posh frock (or 5) that I wouldn't get much wear out of. They're not at all overpriced by the way, just beyond my means for now.

Anyway, I'll be wearing my new dress to work if the weather's not miserable. I think it's 1950s enough in style for me to get away with.



Nikki x

P.S. The Mister is back from working in London tomorrow - he's only back for one week and he's working nearly all of it (including possibly weekends and evenings), so if it suddenly goes quiet around here you'll know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment