Thursday, 7 June 2012

My New Bag

Sturdy new bag


I decided to trial the vintage bag I got on my birthday, to work out whether to keep it or not and I’m glad I did. The bag weighs a ton and I usually stick to shoulder bags, so I thought it would be awkward to carry around, but it’s not too bad – it does feel a bit heavy after a while though.

It's pretty chunky!

I love the look of the bag and it feels very grown up. It’s sturdy and really well-made too. It holds a lot more than I thought it would and there’s plenty of pockets to keep everything separate.

Inside the back section

The fasteners

Also, it’s vinyl so I don’t have to feel guilty about leather, and all-in-all I’m a happy girl. The label inside reads Weymouth American - JR Styled, but I’m struggling to find out much about the brand. I’m no good at dating bags I’m afraid, so if anyone has any ideas I’d be happy to hear them. I'm leaning towards 1970s.



Nikki x

1 comment:

  1. That's a chunky bag indeed! Try to do the habit of stuffing your bag when storing them. It would hold the original shape of the bag. Although it was made from a good material, you still have to take good care of it. Bags that are made of vinyl are excellent substitute for leather. You can be guaranteed that bags made of this material will last long. With extra care, it can even last for decades and be able to pass it on to your grandchildren. That would make a great vintage.

    Isidora Designs

    ReplyDelete